Kentucky Department of Education literacy consultants Jamee Barton and Teresa Rogers are offering a new professional learning series that dives into current research about the critical elements of feedback in June at nine locations across Kentucky.
Participants can engage with peers in deep conversations about the content of feedback – like focus, specificity and tone – that will have a positive impact on student writing.
Facilitated discussions will help identify factors that influence student perceptions and motivation. Opportunities to share strategies will help participants develop a feedback culture within their classrooms
Here is the schedule of sessions (all will be 9 a.m.-3 p.m. local time):
- June 5 – Murray State University, Alexander Hall
- June 6 – Owensboro Community and Technical College, Advanced Technology Center
- June 8 – Barren River State Resort, Lucas
- June 9 – Hardin County Board of Education, Elizabethtown
- June 12 – Gateway Community and Technical College, Florence
- June 13 – Berea College, Woods-Penniman Building
- June 14 – East Carter High School, Grayson
- June 15 – Pulaski County High School, Somerset
- June 16 – Kentucky Valley Educational Cooperative, Hazard