The Kentucky Association of School Councils (KASC) is offering several professional learning opportunities for teachers and administrators this summer in Bowling Green and Lexington.
These sessions will be offered June 12 at Hillvue Heights Church in Bowling Green and June 19 at NorthEast Christian Church in Lexington:
- “Growth Mindset: A Game Changer for Learning” will give participants an understanding of how a focus on growth mindset helps all students perform and how struggles and mistakes actually help the brain.
- “Effective Feedback to Improve Learning” is a new session that offers research-based strategies for feedback that propels learners forward.
These sessions will be offered July 17 at Hillvue Heights Church in Bowling Green and July 24 at NorthEast Christian Church in Lexington:
- “Teacher’s Toolbox” explores the greatest hits of the research-based instructional strategies that teachers request most – including engaging students, closing achievement gaps and developing a growth mindset.
- “Essentials of On-Demand Writing” will teach the essential elements of on-demand writing, examine the characteristics of each mode of writing and offer strategies for improving writing instruction in the classroom.
These sessions will be offered July 18 at Hillvue Heights Church in Bowling Green and July 25 at NorthEast Christian Church in Lexington:
- “Targeting the Disability Achievement Gap” explores common factors that have created opportunity gaps in schools and offers participants an understanding of how to address them.
- “Reducing Novice Performance in Schools” explores how schools can reduce novice performance and raise achievement for all students.
Click here for more information or to register.