The Kentucky Department of Education is offering face-to-face summer professional learning sessions on peer-to-peer collaboration, including formative observation and feedback techniques, for educators in July at six locations across Kentucky.
This opportunity promotes collegial conversations grounded in frameworks that define educator effectiveness, such as:
- Kentucky Framework for Teaching;
- Specialist Framework; and
- Five Core Propositions, National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
- activate a growth mindset;
- engage in activities that promote productive, safe, formative conversations about instructional practices;
- gain knowledge and resources to facilitate the exchange of actionable feedback with a peer; and
- hone accomplished teaching practices.
Here is the schedule of sessions:
- July 17 – Bowling Green, Green River Regional Educational Cooperative
- July 19 – Cold Spring, Northern Kentucky Cooperative for Educational Services
- July 20 – New Castle, Henry County High School library
- July 24 – Lexington, Central Kentucky Special Educational Cooperative
- July 25 – Ashland, Kentucky Educational Development Corporation
- July 26 – Corbin, Southeast/South Central Educational Cooperative