The Kentucky Department of Education will host a series of training sessions on the new end-of-course exam for English II. Eight sessions will be held that will introduce the framework for the spring field test and provide an overview of the architecture of the teacher-generated English II end-of-course assessment.
The sessions have been designed specifically for English II teachers, but they also will be open to interested administrators and assessment coordinators. Attendees will receive a common message regarding the technical aspects of the spring 2018 end-of-course field test, but the primary focus will be on instructional implications.
English II teachers will develop a comprehensive understanding of the relationship between the end-of-course architecture and the Grade 10 English II course standards. They will analyze passages for English II appropriateness and develop criteria for instructional decisions for course materials and classroom embedded assessments.
The schedule of sessions, with links to register:
- Sept. 5 – Versailles, Castle Hill Winery (registration deadline Aug. 31)
- Sept. 11 – Henderson, John James Audubon State Park (registration deadline Sept. 6)
- Sept. 12 – Paducah, (registration deadline Sept. 5)
- Sept. 14 – Corbin, Corbin Area Technology Center (registration deadline Sept. 7)
- Sept. 19 – Florence, Gateway Community and Technical College (registration deadline Sept. 12)
- Sept. 20 – Olive Hill, Carter Caves State Resort Park (registration deadline Sept. 13)
- Sept. 26 – Lucas, Barren River State Resort Park (registration deadline Sept. 19)
- Sept. 28 – Prestonsburg, Jenny Wiley State Resort Park (registration deadline Sept. 21)