Gov. Steve Beshear recently made several appointment to several education-related boards and commissions.
The following members have been appointed to the School Curriculum, Assessment and Accountability Council to serve for terms expiring April 20, 2014:
- Holly Bloodworth, of Murray, is a teacher for Murray Independent Schools. She represents teachers. The appointment replaces Patrice McCrary, whose term has expired.
- Phyllis O’Neal, of Marion, is principal of Calvert City Elementary School. She represents principals. The appointment replaces Denise A. Whitaker, whose term has expired.
- Thomas R. Guskey, of Lexington, is a professor at the University of Kentucky. He represents professors with experience in assessment and measurement. The appointment replaces Edward B. Reeves, whose term has expired.
- Jerry T. Green, of Pikeville, is superintendent of Pikeville Independent Schools. He represents superintendents. The appointment replaces Lu S. Young, whose term has expired.
- Terry L. Rhodes, of Mount Sterling, is a teacher at Montgomery County High School. She represents teachers. The appointment replaces Pennye S. Rogers, whose term has expired.
- Linda D. Duncan, of Louisville, is a Jefferson County Public Schools Board of Education member. She represents school board members. The appointment replaces Sara B. Call, whose term has expired.
- Roger Cleveland, of Lexington, is an associate professor at Eastern Kentucky University. He represents university professors. The appointment replaces Ben R. Oldham, whose term has expired.
- Franklin Brian Thomas, of McKee, is an instructional supervisor and district assessment coordinator for Bourbon County Schools. He represents assessment coordinators. The appointment replaces Catherine A. Hacker, whose term has expired.
- Brenda H. McGown, of Bowling Green, is member of the Kentucky Education Association. She represents members at large. The appointment replaces Polly L. Page, whose term has expired.
- Michael J. Borchers, of Covington, is superintendant of the Ludlow Independent Schools district. He represents superintendents. The appointment replaces Harrie Lynn Buecker, whose term has expired.
Beshear also reappointed the following members to the council to serve for terms expiring April 30, 2014:
- Jana Beth Francis, of Owensboro, is the director of assessment for Daviess County Public Schools. She represents assessment coordinators.
- Sandra Shepherd, of Erlanger, is the district family engagement coordinator for Covington Independent Schools. She represents parents.
- Joseph L. Hicks, of Bardstown, is CEO of Salt River Electric Cooperative Corp. He represents employers in the state.
- Carl H. Wicklund, of Independence, is plant manager at Wagstaff Inc. He represents employers in the state.
- David R. Higgins, of Georgetown, is an engineer at CMTA Inc. He represents parents.
- Phyllis E. Young, of Georgetown, is a member of the Scott County Board of Education. She represents school board members.
- Jon R. Akers Jr., of Versailles, is principal of Woodford County High School. He represents principals.