Global education opportunities are being provided by Classroom 2.0, which is a free, community-supported social network for those interested in Web 2.0, social media, and participative technologies in the classroom.
This network provides offer global education resources for educators, students, librarians, administrators, parents and service providers.
The events being offered this school year include:
Global Collaboration Day (GCD)
- Website: http://www.globalcollaborationday.org/
- Date: Sept. 21
On Global Collaboration Day, educators and professionals from around the world will host connective projects and events and invite public participation. The primary goals of this 24-hour, worldwide event are to:
- Demonstrate the power of global connectivity in classrooms, schools, institutions of informal learning and universities around the world;
- Introduce others to the collaborative tools, resources and projects that are available to educators today; and
- Focus attention on the need for developing globally competent students and teachers throughout the world.
Global Education Fair
- Website: http://www.globaledfair.com/
- Date: Sept. 21
- Looking to take your school global? Find out about tools, services, projects and programs related to globally connected teaching and learning at our signature Global Collaboration Day event. Check out the work of leading global educators, companies and nonprofit organizations at the Global Education Fair, a free, virtual meet-and-greet for teachers and school districts.
- The Global Education Fair is modeled after traditional college fairs, but takes place entirely online, allowing participants from all corners of the world to access information about the best global education resources and programs. The purpose of this event is to connect educators to companies and organizations working in the global education space. There is a nominal fee for nonprofits and companies seeking to present at the Global Education Fair. Educators who want to pitch specific projects can present for free.
Global Education Conference
- Website: http://www.globaleducationconference.com/
- Date: Nov. 13-16
The Global Education Conference is a collaborative and worldwide community convening designed to increase opportunities for globally-connecting educators and programs significantly. It is free to attend and takes place entirely online.
The event is designed to present ideas, examples and projects related to connecting educators and classrooms with a strong emphasis on promoting global awareness, fostering global competency and inspiring action toward solving real-world problems. Attendees will challenge themselves and others to become more active citizens of the world. The group has added new strands for the conference this year to expand its offerings. The new strands are the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals, study abroad and exchange programs, and higher education. The call for proposals is open through Nov. 1.
The Global Education Conference welcomes participants from all over the world and encourages submissions in any language. It provides training on the conference platform – Blackboard Collaborate.
For further information, contact the co-chairs of the Global Education Conference Network, Lucy Gray and Steve Hargadon, via email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may visit the Classroom 2.0 website for further details.