Posted on 05 July 2012.
The summer institute of the Kentucky School Public Relations Association (KYSPRA) is designed to provide high-quality professional development for school district personnel engaged in any aspect of nurturing positive relationships with its stakeholders. This is also the time of year to renew KYSPRA membership.
This event will be July 19-20 in Louisville.
This year’s institute will focus on the leadership role public relations professionals play in the changing world of education. Attendees will hear from experts in leadership, education, technology and more about being “The Star You Are” in helping a school district navigate the waters ahead. Several great leadership experts, motivational speakers and PR skill-building experts are scheduled to appear.
For more information, contact Erin Stewart at (859) 624-4500, ext. 1127.
Posted in Bulletin Board, Conferences & Workshops
Posted on 01 September 2011.
The Kentucky School Public Relations Association fall institute will be Sept. 29-30 at the Embassy Suites in Lexington.
Click here to register. For more information, contact Nancy Howe at (859) 824-2859.
Posted in Conferences & Workshops
Posted on 16 June 2011.
The 2011 Kentucky School Public Relations Association (KYSPRA) Fall Institute will focus on the essential elements of leadership and the development of skills that will take districts to the next level.
Several leadership experts, motivational speakers and public relations (PR) skill-building experts are scheduled to appear, including:
- Stu Silberman, long-time Kentucky superintendent (Daviess and Fayette counties) and recently-named executive director of the Prichard Committee for Academic Excellence
- Tommy Floyd, superintendent, Madison County school district
- Rhonda Caldwell, deputy director, Kentucky Association of School Administrators
- Kevin Hub, leadership expert
- Tony Mirones, WCPO-TV
- Ken Hughes, crisis communications expert
- Marsha Carpenter, director of Community Campus, Daviess County school district
- Brad Hughes, Kentucky School Boards Association
- several other public relations experts to assist in building specific skills (Photoshop, marketing, videography and graphic design)
The Outstanding Achievement in School Information Services (OASIS) Awards will be presented at the annual Awards Banquet scheduled for noon on Friday.
The 2011 KYSPRA Fall Institute is designed to be a comprehensive professional development opportunity for PR professionals, administrators and any personnel engaged in nurturing relationships with district stakeholders.
EILA Credit is being requested for 10 hours.
For more information about the conference, contact Nancy Howe at (859) 824-2859. Online registration closes Sept. 20. After Sept. 23, those interested will need to contact Howe.
For more information about KYSPRA, contact Linda Salyer.
Posted in Leadership Letter