The U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Special Education Programs has released its annual determinations under Section 616 of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and has found that Kentucky meets the requirements and purposes of Part B.
Determinations are made from a combination of compliance and results data, including the federal fiscal year 2017 state performance plan/annual performance report and other state-reported data, as well as other publicly reported information.
The 2019 determination is based on the data reflected in the “2019 Part B Results-Driven Accountability Matrix” (RDA matrix). The RDA matrix is individualized for each state and consists of:
- a compliance matrix that includes scoring on compliance indicators and other compliance factors;
- a results matrix that includes scoring on results elements;
- a compliance score and a results score;
- an RDA percentage based on both the compliance score and the results score; and
- the state’s determination.
Only 22 of 60 states and entities received meets requirement status last year.