Nine Kentucky high school students have been selected to participate in the 2021 Bands of America Honor Band in the Rose Parade.
Participants will perform with the 300-piece honor band in the Tournament of Roses Parade Jan. 1 in Pasadena, Calif. They also will perform at Bandfest, which features the prize-winning bands of the Rose Parade, and march through the streets of Disneyland.
Honor band members were chosen after submitting recorded auditions. Here are the band members from Kentucky:
- Ashley Franz, North Hardin High School (Hardin County), mellophone
- Katlin Gentry, Green County High School, clarinet
- Sarah Howell, Lafayette High School (Fayette County), bass percussion
- Sidney Jones, Green County High School, flute
- Carson Kitts, Henry Clay High School (Fayette County), bass clarinet
- Jenna Snapp, Bourbon County High School, flute
- Gabe Torres, Bourbon County High School, trumpet
- Joe Torres, Bourbon County High School, alto saxophone
- Lance Torres, Bourbon County High School, mellophone