The Partnership Institute for Math and Science Education (PIMSER) at Eastern Kentucky University is offering several professional learning opportunities this summer. Courses are available for mathematics teachers, science teachers and teachers in any content area.
All sessions will be held at the UK/Lexmark Center for Innovation in Math and Science Education in Lexington unless noted.
Here are the programs for mathematics teachers:
- ACT Math Boot Camp, June 18-19
- Mathematical Modeling (for teachers in grades 6-12), June 21-22
- Student Success in Algebra I and II, July 17-18
Here are the programs for science teachers:
- Elementary Science Institutes (for teachers in grades 3-4), June 4-8
- The Practice of Modeling: What Our Students Need, June 14-15 in Lexington, June 25-26 in Madisonville
- Primary Science Short Course: Investigations, Engineering and Integrating ELA, June 20
- High School Biology Summer Institute, June 20-22
- Summer Academy for Effective Science Teaching and Learning, June 25-26 in Lexington, June 27-28 in Bowling Green
Here is a program for teachers in any content area:
- Maintaining Engagement and Motivation for High Learning, June 18-19 in Lexington, June 20-21 in Madisonville
Visit PIMSERs website for more information.