The Partnership Institute for Math and Science Education Reform (PIMSER) is offering a number professional learning opportunities in the coming months. Courses are available for mathematics teachers, science teachers and teachers in any content area.
Most sessions will be held in the Perkins Building at Eastern Kentucky University in Richmond.
Here are the programs for mathematics teachers:
- Math Administrator Leadership Academy, series begins Oct. 24
- Operation: Math Basics, dates TBA
- Up the Rigor in Math Using Games and Classrooms Assessment (for grades K-5 and Response to Intervention in grades 6-8), series begins Oct. 30
- Math Implementers Initiative (personalized virtual or on-site support)
Here are the programs for science teachers:
- Building Capacity in K-3 Science Classrooms, Oct. 17, Nov. 14 and Jan. 10 (teachers may attend any or all sessions)
- Science Teacher Leadership Academy, series begins Oct. 19
- High School Biology Institute (for new and returning participants), series begins Oct. 25
- Science Administrator Leadership Academy, series begins Nov. 1
- Integrating Engineering in Grades K-2 and 3-5, Dec. 3 (grades K-2) or 4 (grades 3-5)
- Science Implementation Support (for teachers and administrators), various dates
- Science Implementers Initiative (personalized virtual or on-site support)
Here is a program for teachers in any content area:
- Feedback: What Works and Why, Dec. 13
Visit PIMSERs website for more information and additional programs as they are added.