The Kentucky Department of Education will host a series of workshops in July to introduce principals and teacher leaders to the evidence-based provisions of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and to facilitate conversations about common issues in educational research.
The workshops are designed for principals and teacher leaders who want a deeper understanding of ESSA’s evidence-based practice provisions but are open to all school and district leaders. Participants will evaluate a study that is relevant to their local setting and will leave with a completed study analysis that meets KDE compliance expectations.
Here is the schedule of workshops:
- July 9 – Elizabethtown, Elizabethtown Community and Technical College, Regional Postsecondary Education Center
- July 11 – Hazard, Hazard Community and Technical College
- July 23 – Madisonville, Madisonville Community and Technical College, Brown Badgett Sr. Energy and Advanced Technology Center
- July 25 – Florence, Gateway Community and Technical College
- July 30 – Grayson, Ashland Community and Technical College, Rocky Adkins Pavilion
Three-hour morning and afternoon sessions will be offered at each location. Visit surveymonkey.com to register.