Kentucky Farm Bureau will host a series of teacher workshops in June that are designed to address Kentucky’s core educational competencies while showcasing state and national agricultural curricula.
The free workshops are open to educators and preservice teachers. They include thematic lessons and materials that will enhance learning retention and help educators teach mathematics, social studies, English and science through real-life application.
This year’s workshops will highlight several agricultural and gardening lessons that are designed to broaden students’ educational experiences and deepen their desire to learn.
Here is the schedule of workshops:
- June 5 – Owensboro, RiverPark Center
- June 10 – Olive Hill, Carter Caves State Resort Park, Lewis Caveland Lodge
- June 12 – Lucas, Barren River Lake State Resort Park lodge
- June 13 – Cadiz, Lake Barkley State Resort Park lodge
- June 24 – Pikeville, Hilton Garden Inn Pikeville
- June 25 – Lexington, The Club at UK’s Spindletop Hall
- June 27 – Louisville, Frazier History Museum
The registration deadline is June 1. Visit eiseverywhere.com for more information.