The United States Secret Service, National Threat Assessment Center (NTAC) will provide training for educators on the National Threat Assessment model July 11 at Southeast Christian Church in Louisville.
NTAC conducts research, training and consultation on threat assessment and the prevention of targeted violence. This training is open to anyone in the education field: school administrators, school resource officers, school safety coordinators, teachers, school counselors, school social workers, Family Resource and Youth Services Center coordinators, bus drivers, cafeteria workers, janitors, coaches and other school staff.
Topics to be covered include:
- Identifying potential threats and students who may be exhibiting concerning behaviors.
- Investigating and gathering information on the background and behaviors of concerning students.
- Assessing whether students pose a threat of violence or other harmful behavior.
- Developing risk management strategies and interventions.
- Interactive case studies.