The Kentucky Historical Society (KHS) is seeking judges for its National History Day in Kentucky regional and state contests. Regional contests will take place March 13-28 at five colleges and universities across the state, and the state contest will be April 25 in Lexington.
National History Day is an academic program for students focused on developing historic research projects around a yearly theme either individually or as a group. Judges will review projects on a variety of topics and provide feedback to students. Participants can choose to present their research as an exhibit, website, documentary, performance or paper.
No experience is needed. KHS will provide a brief orientation the morning of the contest, along with breakfast and lunch. Judging typically takes about half a day. Professional development credit is available.
Here is the schedule of competitions:
- March 13 – Southeast Community and Technical College, Cumberland
- March 14 – University of Louisville
- March 21 – Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond
- March 27 – Murray State University, Paducah Campus
- March 28 – Morehead State University
- April 25 – University of Kentucky, Lexington (state contest)