The Kentucky Writing Project is offering several professional learning courses through its summer academy and summer professional development programs.
Here is the list of courses, with links to information and registration information:
- Reading Novels as Theory Work – June 12, Male High School, Louisville
- Deeper Learning: Genius Hour, Makerspaces, and PBL – June 12-14, Bath County Middle School, Owingsville
- Reading and Writing Poetry Together – June 13 (middle school/high school) and June 20 (elementary), duPont Manual High School, Louisville
- Research-Based Strategies for Teaching Writing to Primary Students – June 19-20, duPont Manual High School, Louisville; June 25-26, Morehead State University, Mount Sterling Campus, and Murray State University, Paducah Campus
- Teaching Grammar as a Craft of Writing – June 25-26, location TBA, Frankfort
- Literacy for All: MS/HS Literacy in the Disciplines – June 26-28, University of Louisville and Murray State University, Paducah Campus
- Argument Writing Across Content Areas – July 10-12, Clay Community Center, Mount Sterling
- Project-Based Learning with Liz Prather – July 30, Lafayette High School, Lexington
Summer Professional Development
- Writing with English Learners – June 13-15, Stonewall Elementary School, Lexington
- Components of a Strong Program, Grades 3-6 – June 25-26, location TBA, Paducah; and July 12-13, location TBA, Frankfort
These workshops also may be scheduled at individual schools and districts. Email Jean Wolph for more information.