The Kentucky Historical Society (KHS) is seeking judges for its National History Day in Kentucky regional and state contests. Regional contests will take place March 2-30 at five colleges and universities across the state, and the state contest will be April 27 in Lexington.
National History Day is an academic program for students focused on developing historic research projects around a yearly theme either individually or as a group. Judges will review projects on a variety of topics and provide feedback to students. Participants can choose to present their research as an exhibit, website, documentary, performance or paper.
No experience is needed. KHS will provide a brief orientation the morning of the contest, along with breakfast and lunch. Judging typically takes about half a day.
Here is the schedule of competitions:
- March 2 – Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond
- March 16 – University of Louisville
- March 22 – Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College, Cumberland
- March 29 – Murray State University, Paducah Campus
- March 30 – Morehead State University
- April 27 – University of Kentucky, Lexington (state contest)