T4 Education – a global organization committed to providing engaging tools, initiatives and events for teachers to improve education – is hosting a competition for schools to win the title of “World’s Best School” and a share of the $250,000 prize award. The award celebrates school achievement and success.
The World’s Best School prizes recognize schools that have developed expertise in five areas:
- Community Collaboration: Recognizes schools that have collaborated and developed partnerships with their community to have an integrated approach in helping each of their students and strive for a whole child approach based on equity and inclusivity;
- Environmental Action: Recognizes the importance of youth, students and schools in climate action and who engage with solutions for global warming and climate crisis;
- Innovation: Recognizes “leapfrog” innovation in schools that help improve access, quality and relevance, especially for the most marginalized children;
- Overcoming Adversity: Recognizes that, while living in an increasingly uncertain world, schools must support and develop children in the kinds of social-emotional skills that can support their personal growth and the school as a community; and
- Supporting Healthy Lives: Recognizes schools that provide access, relevance and opportunities for students, staff and the community to develop healthy habits, behaviors, knowledge and skills.
The Judging Academy is responsible for choosing the winning schools. T4 has selected and invited distinguished leaders from across the globe and diverse sectors to join the Judging Academy of the World’s Best School Prizes, coming from academia, educators, NGOs, social entrepreneurs, government, civil society, and the private sector.
Applications close March 1; winners will be announced in October.