The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has expanded its website to include professional development resources and an eLearning Series to help create a healthful and active environment for students.
The eLearning Series “Training Tools for Healthy Schools: Promoting Health and Academic Success” consists of five core training tools that are easy and flexible to access. The self-directed modules take about 1-1.5 hours to complete.
Participants also can explore the “Go Further” section in each module to gain additional information and resources. A certificate of completion is available at the end of each module. Module topics include:
- School Health Guidelines to Promote Healthy Eating and Physical Activity
- School Health Index: A Self-Assessment and Planning Guide
- Comprehensive School and Physical Activity Program
- Health Education Curriculum Analysis Tool
- Parents for Healthy Schools
“Professional Development 101: Part 1 and Part 2 – The Basics” is another eLearning course that introduces viewers to professional development practices that are based on research and best practice. It is designed to strengthen capacity to successfully train professionals through effective professional development practices. The modules are: