Local boards can award alternative high school diplomas

High school graduates with special needs, who received a certificate of attainment upon finishing high school, may now request an alternative high school diploma from their local board of education.  This is the result of a change in regulation prompted by the passage of Senate Bill 43 (2012), sponsored by Sen. Dennis Parrett, D-Elizabethtown. Starting in the 2012-13 school year, [...]