Inside Mathematics, now hosted by the Dana Center at the University of Texas, Austin, is a hub of resources for educators around the world who struggle to provide the best mathematics instruction they can for their students.
One of the resources featured on the Inside Mathematics website is a video series on Building Classroom Climates for Mathematical Learning. There are two sets of videos that focus on strategies for building and maintaining a mathematical learning climate in elementary and middle school. This series assists educators with understanding how to build and maintain a learning climate by providing strategies they can see in action.
The video series includes lessons on:
- “Taking responsibility for learning;”
- “Making sense of one’s own and other’s learning;”
- “Engaging in mathematical discourse;”
- “Supporting the learning community;” and
- “Using tools in support of mathematical thinking.”
You can subscribe to Inside Mathematics and get updates for resources and videos sent to your email on its website.