Plenary session videos from the Council on Postsecondary Education’s national forum on the Common Core State Standards are now available via the Council’s channel on YouTube.
The videos highlight implementation successes, challenges and next steps by state and national speakers, and are accessible from the links below.
- Fireside Chat with Kentucky’s Education Leaders
- What Would Statewide Collaboration Look Like in a Perfect World?
- What Does It Mean to be College and Career Ready?
- Structures for Statewide Communication and Collaboration
- Gov. Steve Beshear’s Remarks
- Reflections from CRP State Representatives: Constituent Reactions to the Common Assessment Consortia (PARCC and Smarter Balanced) Proposals for Assessments of College Readiness
- Gap Analysis: What Needs to be Done to Implement the CCSS?
- The Kentucky Road Map for CCSS Implementation
For a list of session descriptions and speakers, view the webcast agenda.
Presentation materials are available on the Council’s website.
The conference, held last month in Louisville, drew nearly 400 faculty, administrators, policymakers and education advocates from 22 states. The conference grew out of repeated requests from higher education leaders across the country who wanted to learn from Kentucky’s collaborative model in using these new standards to improve college and career readiness.