The 51st Annual Kentucky Junior Historical Society Conference (KJHS) will be held April 26-27, at the University of Louisville. To attend the KJHS Conference, students must be registered KJHS members.
The state History Day contest will be held in conjunction with the conference. Students planning to compete at the state level must first compete at a district level contest.
- District 1 & 2, Kentucky Wesleyan College, Owensboro, March 23
- District 3, duPont Manual High School, Louisville, March 9
- District 4, No contest location, compete at District 2 or 3 contest
- District 8, Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College, Cumberland,
- District 5, Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, March 16
- District 6, Northern Kentucky University, Covington, March 2
- District 7, Morehead State University, Morehead, March 2
To find out where your students should participate, please see this map.
Organizers are in need of judges for any of the above contests, but particularly for the District 3 & 6 contests and the state contest. Judges must commit to availability from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. for any contest. They will receive training and lunch.
If you are interested or would like to know more about any of the above information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (502) 564-1792, ext. 4461.