The Kentucky Center for School Safety has partnered with the Kentucky Division of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services and the Kentucky Suicide Prevention Group to provide Question, Persuade & Refer Training (QPR) that is being implemented as a state model for suicide prevention.
This model teaches to recognize the risk factors, protective factors, and warning signs associated with depression, suicidal ideation and suicidal behavior. The training will provide training on:
- the four fundamental components of suicidal communication
- the three simple steps to help prevent a death by suicide (Question, Persuade, Refer)
- the role of depression and mental illness
- how to replace fear with positive action
- how to talk about suicide
- how to locate available resources and support
Sessions are EILA approved and free.
Training dates, sites and links to QPR registration:
- Rough River Dam State Park, October 3, 2013 http://portal.ksba.org/Public/Event/Event.aspx?EventID=4U0QlR3rspY=
- Jenny Wiley State Park, November 21, 2013 http://portal.ksba.org/Public/Event/Event.aspx?EventID=Yb9gLNATKEM=
- Perkins Building – EKU, April 10, 2014 http://portal.ksba.org/Public/Event/Event.aspx?EventID=FDx8zenXPn0=