Hosted by the Kentucky National Energy Education Development (NEED) Project and the Kentucky Department for Energy Development and Independence, the High Performance Sustainable Schools Workshop: Affordable and Attainable will be March 12-13, 2014, in Bardstown.
This workshop is for superintendents, finance officers and facilities directors whose district facilities plan calls for building renovation or new construction. Agenda and registration information is at www.regonline.com/hpss2014.
At the workshop school administrators will:
- learn how districts are minimizing capital outlay for facilities projects.
- tour a renovation project that led to a 99 ENERGY STAR score in a 56-year-old school building.
- tour a new building project, the first high school in Kentucky to qualify for ‘Designed to Earn the Energy Star’ and already exceeding performance expectations.
- dialog with other administrators and design professionals
- meet with exhibitors presenting technologies that support sustainable operations.
- hear how school districts incorporate building projects into STEM curriculum
For more information, contact Pam Proctor at (859) 547-8008.
Leave A Comment