Edivation, the professional learning resource available to all Kentucky educators on CIITS, is offering videos that can help teachers create assessments that measure learning, support growth and help to adapt and personalize teaching. Goals are to:
- Assure that assessment serves learning
- Use multiple measures
- Align assessment to goals
- Measure what matters
- Assure that assessments are fair and equitable
To watch these videos:
- Go to CIITS.
- Enter your username and password.
- On the home page, scroll down to the School Improvement Network section and click the Edivation logo. If nothing happens, make sure your browser’s pop-up blocker is disabled for the CIITS website.
- After you log in, come back to this post and click on the links below to watch the videos.
The videos available are:
“Five Principles of Effective Classroom Assessment:” Watch experienced educator and noted author Jay McTighe explain in detail the five principles for effective classroom assessment.
“Learning Goals: Sound Assessment and Goal Clarity:” See how to create effective assessments by identifying proper goals for student learning.
For assistance accessing these videos, please call the Kentucky Support Hotline at (855) 597-4638.