The Kentucky Department for Public Health (KDPH) recently announced the winners of its 2022 Radon Poster Contest and 2022 Radon Video Contest.
- First place: Shannen, Rockcastle High School (Rockcastle County)
- Second place: Chloe, Union County High School
- Third place: Clover, School for the Creative and Performing Arts (Fayette County)
- First place: Aiden, North Oldham High School (Oldham County)
- Second place: Varshitha, Western Hills High School (Franklin County)
- Third place: Nicholas and Benjamin, North Oldham High School (Oldham County)
The Kentucky Radon Program sponsored the contests to raise awareness about the potential dangers of radon and the importance of testing one’s home.
The program works in partnership with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to provide education and bring awareness to the health hazards caused by radon to the residents of Kentucky. Radon is a gas with life-threatening, serious effects on humans. It is the leading cause of lung cancer in non-smokers.
Leave A Comment