GEAR UP Kentucky (GUK) has announced the 2022-23 GEAR UP Kentucky Students of the Year. The award recognizes outstanding GUK students who consistently demonstrate positive leadership at school, in GUK activities and amongst their peers.
One 9th or 10th grade student has been named as a GUK Student of the Year in each of the 12 school districts served by GUK:
- Nodinn Williams, ninth grade, Augusta Independent;
- Izzy Hughes, 10th grade, Bath County;
- Austin Rodarte, 10th grade, Bourbon County;
- DonYale Artis, 10th grade, Covington Independent;
- Layton Rice, 10th grade, Fleming County;
- Addison Baker, ninth grade, Frankfort Independent;
- India Young, 10th grade, Marion County;
- Skyler Pollock, 10th grade, Mason County;
- Norah Martin, ninth grade, Mercer County;
- Darian Bell, 10th grade, Paris Independent;
- Katie Black, 10th grade, Pendleton County; and
- Kate Buckler, 10th grade, Robertson County.
GUK is a grant program administered by the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education that provides services to students and families in 12 Kentucky school districts and nine partner Kentucky postsecondary institutions. The mission of GUK is to increase the number of students in low-income Kentucky communities who are ready to successfully transition to and through postsecondary education.
For more information, visit the GEAR UP Kentucky website.