Winter weather is just around the corner, and the Kentucky Department of Transportation is promoting safe driving during ice and snow season by sponsoring the first statewide Paint the Plow program.
Winter weather can create hazardous conditions for all that share the road. Paint the Plow is an opportunity for your students to paint one of our snowplow blades to promote safe driving habits for your community during inclement winter weather and prepare your students to operate vehicles responsibly as they become eligible to drive.
As plow availability is limited, please reach out to your county’s corresponding highway district contact:
- District 1: Ballard, Calloway, Carlisle, Crittenden, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, Livingston, Lyon, Marshall, McCracken and Trigg: View the District 1 newsletter.
- District 2: Caldwell, Christian, Daviess, Hancock, Henderson, Hopkins, McLean, Muhlenberg, Ohio, Union and Webster: View the District 2 newsletter.
- District 3: Allen, Barren, Butler, Edmonson, Logan, Metcalfe, Monroe, Simpson, Todd, and Warren: Contact Wes Watt for more information.
- District 4: Breckinridge, Grayson, Green, Hardin, Hart, LaRue, Marion, Meade, Nelson, Taylor and Washington: View the District 4 invitation.
- District 5: Bullitt, Franklin, Henry, Jefferson, Oldham, Shelby, Spencer and Trimble: View the District 5 invitation.
- District 6: Boone, Bracken, Campbell, Carroll, Gallatin, Grant, Harrison, Kenton, Owen, Pendleton and Robertson: View the District 6 invitation.
- District 7: Anderson, Bourbon, Boyle, Clark, Fayette, Garrard, Jessamine, Madison, Mercer, Montgomery, Scott and Woodford: View the District 7 invitation.
- District 8: Adair, Casey, Clinton, Cumberland, Lincoln, McCreary, Pulaski, Rockcastle, Russell and Wayne: View the District 8 invitation.
- District 9: Bath, Boyd, Carter, Elliott, Fleming, Greenup, Lewis, Mason, Nicholas and Rowan: View the District 9 invitation.
- District 10: Breathitt, Estill, Lee, Magoffin, Menifee, Morgan, Owsley, Perry, Powell and Wolfe: View the District 10 invitation.
- District 11: Bell, Clay, Harlan, Jackson, Knox, Laurel, Leslie and Whitley: View the District 11 invitation.
- District 12: Floyd, Johnson, Knott, Lawrence, Letcher, Martin and Pike: Contact Shantana Woodward for more information.