Eleven educators have been named to the 2016 Kentucky Historical Society Teacher Advisory Committee, which advises the historical society on all its educational programming to help make it relevant for Kentucky students and teachers. Committee members do this by drawing on their classroom experiences and their knowledge of Kentucky’s standards.
The educators represent multiple grade levels and regions. They are:
- Pam Rowland, Rowan County Middle School
- Joshua De Borde, Barbourville Independent schools
- Christina Trosper, Knox Central High School (Knox County)
- Diana Selvage, Grant County Middle School
- Lindsey Clarkson, Tompkinsville Elementary (Monroe County)
- Justin Mitchell, Franklin-Simpson Middle School (Simpson County)
- Maggie Brewer, Scott County High School
- James Botts, East Jessamine Middle School (Jessamine County)
- Leslie Bartow, Henderson County schools
- Paula Little, Clinton County schools
- Paradise Forbes, Williamstown High School (Williamstown Independent)
Applications will be available this fall for teachers interested in serving on the committee in 2017.
Leave A Comment