A transportation grant program sponsored by the Kentucky State Park Foundation (KSPF) has served more than 2,000 students with its latest round of grants to seven schools.
The KSPF’s Inside Out Education initiative awards grants to schools that allows students to learn about the environment, history or culture at a Kentucky State Park. During the past two years, the program’s grants have allowed 2,076 Kentucky students to visit a state park.
The six public schools that received grants and the state parks they visited this past spring are:
- Boston Elementary School (Nelson County), Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site
- George Rogers Clark High School (Clark County), Carter Caves State Resort Park
- Leestown Middle School (Fayette County), Carter Caves State Resort Park
- Livingston Central High School (Livingston County), Kenlake State Resort Park
- Mill Creek Leadership Academy (Jefferson County), Cumberland Falls State Resort Park
- Pleasant View Elementary School (Whitley County), Levi Jackson State Park
Click here for information about grant applications for the 2016-17 school year.
Leave A Comment