The Albert I. Pierce Foundation is offering a one-time grant for a Kentucky teacher who has participated in the Teacher Renewal Summer Institute. The $200 grant may be used to purchase classroom supplies to use in an environmental education program for students in pre-K to 12th grade.
Grant recipients also will receive a one-year membership in the Kentucky Association for Environmental Education. Multiple grants will be awarded. The deadline to apply is Sept. 21, with winners to be notified by Sept. 30.
To apply, submit the following information:
- name as it should appear on the grant check;
- professional title;
- address to which the check should be sent if you are awarded a grant;
- name of school where you teach;
- what grade(s) you teach;
- the number of students you teach; and
- how the grant money will be used.
Recipients will be required to submit a one-page report with at least one photo showing how the grant funds were used by students in the classroom or in an outdoor education setting. The report will be due to the Pierce Foundation by Dec. 23.