The Kentucky Department of Education (KDE) is seeking applicants for the 2017-18 school year to review nonbasal instructional materials that support science instruction.
In order to be considered, applicants must:
- have at least three years of classroom teaching experience in science in Kentucky;
- be available to attend a 1 1/2-day training July 13-14 in Frankfort;
- be able to provide reviews electronically on a two-week turnaround throughout the 2017-18 school year;
- have access to internet connection and electronic device(s) for online materials review; and
- be available for phone conferences and/or online meetings throughout the review period.
Reviewers will receive a stipend of up to $1,150 to cover training and service for the school year, as well as 18 hours of professional development credit for the 2017-18 school year (pending approval from selected applicants’ principals or district supervisors).