The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) is offering five free online professional development seminars. The topics are attuned to the era of COVID-19, covering subjects such as teaching literacy and special education virtually, and how to pursue NBPTS certification.
Participants can receive a certificate of attendance. Times, a link to registration and a brief description of each webinar are listed below:
- “Special Education in Virtual Inclusion Setting,” 5 p.m. ET Sept. 17: Teachers will discuss their strategies and activities for providing home-based instruction to special needs students.
- “Maintenance of Certification: Tips and Resources for Getting Started,” 8 p.m. ET Sept. 23: National Board-certified teachers explain how to start work on maintenance of certification.
- “Teaching Literacy in a Virtual Setting,” 8 p.m. ET Sept. 24: A collaborative chat on tools and strategies for engaging students through Zoom discussions, digital texts and online writing.
- “Pursuing Board Certification in Kentucky,” 4 p.m. ET Sept. 29: Kentucky teachers talk about the benefits of pursuing NBPTS certification.
- “Why Pursue National Board Certification,” 8 p.m. ET Sept. 29: An overview of reasons for seeking certification, resources and tools for certification candidates, and the basics of NBPTS standards.