The Kentucky Department of Education’s novice reduction team will host a series of workshops for principals and teacher leadership teams in the coming weeks. “Novice Reduction Strategies for School Improvement” will offer teacher leaders, principals and district leaders high-impact, research-based strategies that are proven to influence novice performance and improve overall student learning.
The schedule of workshops:
- Aug. 30 – West Kentucky Community and Technical College, Paducah
- Aug. 31 – Madisonville Community College
- Sept. 1 – Green River Regional Educational Cooperative, Bowling Green
- Sept. 7 – Harlan Center, Harlan
- Sept. 8 – Floyd County Cooperative Extension Service, Prestonsburg
- Sept. 9 – Hazard Community and Technical College
- Sept. 14 – Somerset Community College
- Sept. 14 – Russell County Schools Auditorium/Natatorium Complex, Russell Springs
- Sept. 27 – The Blair Center at Southside Elementary School, Shelbyville
- Sept. 28 – Marion County Area Technology Center, Lebanon
- Sept. 30 – NorthEast Christian Church, Lexington
- Oct. 6 – Boone County Schools Ralph Rush Professional Development Center, Florence
- Oct. 20 – Kentucky Educational Development Corporation, Ashland
Click here for more information on novice reduction.