In November, the Kentucky Department of Education will hold seven regional dual credit training sessions designed for guidance counselors, high school principals, instructional supervisors, superintendents and other district decision makers involved with dual credit.
Participants can learn more about implementation of dual credit programming in their schools and districts alongside partners from their region. The free sessions will cover several topics related to dual credit, including:
- Evaluating dual credit options for the district
- Establishing goals and setting priorities in programming
- Ensuring teacher credentialing and supporting increased capacity
- Evaluating your district’s dual credit programming (accessibility, quality of instructional programming, transferability of credit, finance)
Here is the schedule of training sessions:
- Nov. 2 – Western Kentucky University, Knicely Center, Bowling Green, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. CT
- Nov. 10, 300 Building, 300 Sower Blvd., Frankfort, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. ET
- Nov. 14, Carter Caves State Park, Olive Hill, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. ET
- Nov. 16, Jenny Wiley State Park, Prestonsburg, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. ET
- Nov. 18, 300 Building, 300 Sower Blvd., Frankfort, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. ET
- Nov. 21, Natural Bridge State Park, Slade, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. ET
- Nov. 30, Western Kentucky Community and Technical College, Paducah, 8 a.m.-noon CT
Click here to register.