The Kentucky Department of Education’s Division of Next Generation Professionals will offer equity labs to school and district leaders during November at four locations across Kentucky.
The equity labs are designed to:
- help school leaders understand the need for every student to have equitable access to effective educators;
- examine school and district data to determine where inequities may exist within their buildings;
- develop specific next steps to improving equitable access to effective educators for every student; and
- complete the school and/or district equitable access diagnostic.
The labs are designed for teams from schools and districts to participate in reviewing and analyzing their own data (equitable access diagnostic data) as it relates to equitable access to effective educators. Teams may include district representatives, teachers, school leaders and school-based decision-making council members. It is recommended that teams consist of at least four members, including at least one representative from the district and school administration and a classroom teacher.
Here is the schedule of labs:
- Nov. 7 – The Corbin Center, Corbin
- Nov. 13 – Lake Barkley State Resort Park, Cadiz
- Nov. 14 – Barren River State Resort Park, Lucas
- Nov. 15 – Capital Plaza Hotel, Frankfort