The Kentucky Department of Education will host equity labs focused on providing equitable access to educators through recruitment and retention to school and district leaders in March and April at eight locations across Kentucky.
The sessions will allow school teams to discuss how equity and human capital management are related and to discuss ways to recruit and retain effective and diverse educators so that students experience increasingly positive outcomes.
The labs are designed for teams of three to five educators, which may include district representatives, teachers, school leaders and school-based decision-making council members.
Here is the schedule of sessions:
- March 5 – London, G.C. Garland Administration Building
- March 8 – Hazard, Kentucky Valley Educational Cooperative
- March 9 – Ashland, Kentucky Educational Development Corporation
- March 15 – Shelbyville, Ohio Valley Educational Cooperative
- March 19 – Lexington, Central Kentucky Educational Cooperative
- March 22 – Eddyville, West Kentucky Educational Cooperative
- March 29 – Alexandria, Alexandria Educational Center
- April 23 – Bowling Green, Holiday Inn University Plaza