The Kentucky Historical Society (KHS) is accepting proposals for its Kentucky History Education Conference July 12 in Frankfort.
Educators who have innovative classroom practices or engaging history topics to share with other educators are invited to submit proposals. Sessions may address these areas of instruction related to the theme, “Triumph and Tragedy in History”:
- Facilitated geography lessons
- Project-based learning or document-based questioning lessons with Kentucky connections
- Teaching students how to conduct an oral history
- C3 lessons using primary sources
- Teaching National History Day in your classroom
- History lessons that teach students how to confront current issues
The deadline for proposals is April 2. Visit the KHS website for more information.