The 2018 VSA Kentucky Student Traveling Exhibition, “A Matter of Perspective,” has begun its tour and is available free of charge to schools, museums and other institutions.
The exhibit consists of 31 artworks from 20 schools. Subjects include trucks, animals, landscapes, still lifes and designs with styles ranging from realistic to abstract. Students expressed themselves using a variety of artistic media; acrylics, watercolor, pencil, colored pencil, crayons, markers and mixed media. Exploring various techniques and processes, these young artists produced imaginative works of art using collage, drawing, painting and printing.
VSA Kentucky invites teachers and parents to submit student work each October, and selected artworks are matted and prepared to travel. The exhibit comes with a packet of educational activities that help engage students in the exhibit. The exhibition program uses the visual arts as an educational tool, as well as a vehicle for artistic expression for children and youth with disabilities.
Schools included in the 2018 exhibits include:
- Adair County Elementary School
- Bardstown Elementary School (Bardstown Independent)
- Crossroads Elementary School (Bullitt County)
- Floyd Central High School (Floyd County)
- Green County Intermediate School
- Hogsett Elementary School (Danville Independent)
- Madison Southern High School (Madison County)
- Martha Layne Collins High School (Shelby County)
- Montgomery County High School
- Munfordville Elementary School (Hart County)
- North Butler Elementary School (Butler County)
- Robertson County School
- Rosenwald-Dunbar Elementary School (Jessamine County)
- Sedalia Elementary School (Graves County)
- Southside Elementary School (Pike County)
- Spencer County High School
- Wilkerson Traditional Elementary School (Jefferson County)
- Wingo Elementary School (Graves County)
The exhibits travels January through November each year to schools and other community venues throughout the state. Visit artsonia.com, then enter “VSA Kentucky” to view the entire exhibit. Email VSA Kentucky or call Delaire Rowe at (270) 904-7019 for more information or to request the exhibition.
Leave A Comment