The Kentucky Association for Gifted Education honored seven educators for their work with and on behalf of Kentucky’s gifted and talented students at its annual conference in February.
The Michael Caudill Distinguished Educator Award was presented to Kathie Wrightson of Shelby County High School.
The Service and Advocacy Award was presented to:
- Vickie Moberly, Eastern Kentucky University
- Kim Barnes, Montgomery County High School
- Jim Masters, Franklin County schools
- Linda Gillispie, Hardin County schools
- Carl Stoltzfus, retired from Hart County Schools
- Pam Harper, retired from Pendleton County Schools
In Memoriam awards were presented to the families of:
- Pam Geisselhardt
- Meg Gatten
- Ellen Napier
Additionally, Lucas Strunk of Pine Knot Intermediate School (McCreary County), was honored as the 2017 KAGE Distinguished Student. Strunk’s service projects included, “Art for Everyone,” in which he collected new art supplies that were donated to local schools and then given to students who do not have art supplies at home.