Two panels of district leaders and educators have begun working with Kentucky Department of Education staff to develop the state’s new teacher and principal evaluation systems.
The 28-member Teacher Effectiveness Steering Committee includes:
- Ann Porter, Mason County Board of Education member
- Kenneth Galloway, superintendent, Graves County school district
- Tim Hanner, superintendent, Kenton County school district
- Dot Perkins, superintendent, Gallatin County school district
Kentucky School Boards Association (KSBA) Executive Director Bill Scott also serves on this panel.
- The 28-member Principal Effectiveness Steering Committee includes:
- Linda Duncan, Jefferson County Board of Education member
- Susan Compton, superintendent, Russell Independent school district
- Andy Dotson, superintendent, Harrison County school district
- Tim Murley, superintendent, Warren County school district
KSBA Associate Executive Director David Baird and Wilson Sears, executive director of the Kentucky Association of School Superintendents, also serve on this committee.