The 2011 Kentucky School Public Relations Association (KYSPRA) Fall Institute will focus on the essential elements of leadership and the development of skills that will take districts to the next level.
Several leadership experts, motivational speakers and public relations (PR) skill-building experts are scheduled to appear, including:
- Stu Silberman, long-time Kentucky superintendent (Daviess and Fayette counties) and recently-named executive director of the Prichard Committee for Academic Excellence
- Tommy Floyd, superintendent, Madison County school district
- Rhonda Caldwell, deputy director, Kentucky Association of School Administrators
- Kevin Hub, leadership expert
- Tony Mirones, WCPO-TV
- Ken Hughes, crisis communications expert
- Marsha Carpenter, director of Community Campus, Daviess County school district
- Brad Hughes, Kentucky School Boards Association
- several other public relations experts to assist in building specific skills (Photoshop, marketing, videography and graphic design)
The Outstanding Achievement in School Information Services (OASIS) Awards will be presented at the annual Awards Banquet scheduled for noon on Friday.
The 2011 KYSPRA Fall Institute is designed to be a comprehensive professional development opportunity for PR professionals, administrators and any personnel engaged in nurturing relationships with district stakeholders.
EILA Credit is being requested for 10 hours.
For more information about the conference, contact Nancy Howe at (859) 824-2859. Online registration closes Sept. 20. After Sept. 23, those interested will need to contact Howe.
For more information about KYSPRA, contact Linda Salyer.
Leave A Comment