Gov. Steve Beshear recently made several appointments to school- and youth-related boards, commissions and panels.
The governor appointed the following members to the Center for School Safety Board of Directors to serve for the remainder of the unexpired terms, which end July 27, 2012:
- James Evans Jr. of Beattyville is the superintendent of Lee County Board of Education. The appointment replaces Thomas T. Hanner.
- Donald I. Shively of Paducah is the assistant superintendent of Paducah Independent Schools. The appointment replaces Winfield S. Smith.
Beshear also appointed the following members to the Kentucky State Advisory Panel for Exceptional Children:
- Barry W. Goley of Bowling Green is the director of special education for the Logan County Board of Education. The appointment replaces Dianna L. Howell, whose term expired. Goley will serve for a term expiring Aug. 8, 2014.
- Ronnie Nolan of Lexington is the director of the Kentucky Educational Collaborative for State Agency Children. The appointment replaces Ann-Lynn Ellerkamp, whose term expired. Nolan shall serve for a term expiring Aug. 8, 2014.
- Elisabeth Jensen of Lexington is the president and executive director for The Race for Education. The appointment replaces Melanie Tyner-Wilson who resigned. Jensen shall serve for the remainder of the unexpired term ending Aug. 8, 2012.
The following members were reappointed to the advisory panel to serve terms expiring Aug. 8, 2014:
- DeAnna L. Brangers of Louisville is a homemaker.
- Marinell C. Brown of Edgewood is a professor at Gateway Community College.
- Randy Lee McCallon of Murray is an educator with the Calloway County Board of Education.
- Ryan Edward Beard of Dunnville is a high school special education teacher for the Casey County Board of Education.
The governor also appointed state Rep. Carl P. Rollins, II, D-Midway, to the Southern Regional Education Board to serve a term expiring June 30, 2015. The appointment replaces state Sen. Kenneth Winters, R-Murray, whose term expired.
Beshear also appointed William Jeffrey Eaton to the Local Distribution Fund Oversight Committee to serve for a term expiring Jan. 1, 2012. Eaton of Fountain Run is the assistant general manager at South Central RTC.