The Kentucky Clean Fuels Coalition (KCFC) provides the following 2011 update on the Hybrid Electric School Bus Project in Kentucky:
- 1,169,142 miles driven
- 39,000 gallons of diesel displaced
- $152,000 saved
- 9 mpg average
- 134 buses on road, (ThomasBuilt and IC) with an additional 26 due in March
- 35 school districts in program
- Pike County – 11.10 mpg
- Whitley County – 9.88 mpg
- LaRue County – 9.55 mpg
- Breathitt County – 9.47 mpg
- Boone County – 9.35 mpg
- Jefferson County – 9.33 mpg
Many of these busses were put into operation in mid- or late 2011, so figures are not reflective of 12-month operations for all. The final Request for Applications will go out to all school districts in late March 2012 for placement of the final 50 buses in the program.
For more information, contact KCFC’s Melissa Howell at email@example.com.