The following teaching and learning materials are available for free in the public domain and are provided by Kathy Mansfield, library media and textbook consultant for the Kentucky Department of Education, for consideration by educators to supplement the curriculum.
The resources may be customized, modified or combined with other materials according to their creative commons licensing.
- This uses an open-content, Web-based collaborative model to provide online textbooks for K-12 students.
- Content can be edited by teachers and delivered via multiple devices
- free and open college textbooks
- textbooks, lesson plans, widgets, interactive demonstrations
- provides free digital copies of books to meet the needs of students with qualifying disabilities
- free digital versions of classic books
- provides links to more than 165,000 full-text digital books from more than 1,800 commercial and non-commercial publishers, universities and various private sites
- more than 140,000 of these books, texts and documents available free
- thousands of free, public domain books
- provides a collection of books that represents historical and contemporary books from many cultures
- presents materials in the original language in which they were published
- provides more than 38,000 free e-books to download to a variety of devices
- provides more than 2,700 videos covering mathematics, science, history and finance
- provides free audiobooks from the public domain