(FRANKFORT, Ky.) – Kentuckians attending the 2016 Kentucky State Fair in Louisville Aug. 18-28 are invited to visit the Kentucky Department of Education (KDE) booth in the Main Street Kentucky section of the South Wing of the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville.
KDE will feature different subject content theme days, including mathematics, science, arts & humanities, social studies, global competency/world languages, library media, early childhood learners, and English/language arts, along with days spotlighting the Kentucky School for the Deaf in Danville and the Kentucky School for the Blind in Louisville. KDE staff will engage visitors and answer questions about the content area featured that day. The schedule of theme days follows:
- Friday, Aug. 19: Global Competency/World Languages
- Saturday, Aug. 20: Mathematics
- Sunday, Aug. 21: Arts & Humanities
- Monday, Aug. 22: Science
- Tuesday, Aug. 23: Kentucky School for the Deaf
- Wednesday, Aug. 24: English/Language Arts
- Thursday, Aug. 25: Early Childhood
- Friday, Aug. 26: Kentucky School for the Blind
- Saturday, Aug. 27: Library Media
- Sunday, Aug. 28: Social Studies
The KDE Office of Career and Technical Education also will be on hand each day with staff available to answer questions related to career and technical education.
Buster the School Bus also will make several appearances throughout the course of the fair to teach young children about school bus safety.
Visitors to KDE’s booth can pick up a free pen, small box of crayons or bag, and take photos using props for different career pathways that they can post to social media using the #KDEKySF hashtag.
For more information on the Kentucky State Fair, visit the fair website.