The Kentucky Department of Education’s Division of Next Generation Professionals is accepting proposals for the 2017 Learning from Kentucky’s Classrooms Conference, which will be held Sept. 9 in Bowling Green.
The conference will highlight the innovative work happening in classrooms across Kentucky, specifically work aligned to the Instructional Transformation grant, including:
- Effective implementation of English/language arts, math and science standards (including the Literacy Design Collaborative and Math Design Collaborative);
- Innovative teacher leadership models;
- Innovative professional learning practices;
- Effective use of next-generation assessments; and
- Effective use of the Professional Growth and Effectiveness System (PGES) to support teacher reflection and growth.
Teachers and districts do not need to be involved with the Instructional Transformation grant to submit a proposal. The submission deadline is March 1. Click here to submit a proposal, or email Kate Grindon for more information.