The National School Boards Association (NSBA) annual conference will be closer to Kentucky than it has been in decades when NSBA comes to Nashville next March 21-23, and the organization wants Kentucky boards and districts on the agenda.
A Call for Proposals website is now open for clinics by district teams. Proposals are being sought for high-quality, breakout sessions that focus on topics of critical interest to school board members and administrators from all across the country. Proposals must be submitted online by Monday, June 16 at 6 p.m. ET. Here is the link:
Proposal Guidelines and Presenter Requirements
- Submissions collected through this Call for Proposals process will be considered for breakout sessions only. Proposal submission does not guarantee participation in the conference.
- It is strongly advised that presentations include at least one school board member as part of the panel of presenters.
- Districts submitting proposals must be members in good standing of their respective state school boards association.
- Please do not type any part of your proposal in all capital or all lowercase letters, do not use acronyms or abbreviations, and please do not send any attachments or supplemental materials – they will not be reviewed.
- Breakout sessions will be 30, 45, or 75 minutes and will be scheduled throughout the conference. Please do not submit a proposal unless you can present your session any time during the conference, Saturday, March 21 – Monday, March 23, 2015.
- Presentation rooms will be equipped with an LCD projector, screen, head table for four and lectern with wired microphone.
- Additional microphones will be provided at the discretion of staff.
All presenters must pay conference registration fees and have a registration badge. Please explain this policy to your co-presenters. There are no presenter registration discounts available. Proposals will be reviewed during July and those whose concepts are selected will be notified this fall.