The deadline for elementary school teachers to apply to participate in the Kentucky Reading Project is Feb. 26.
Sponsored by Collaborative Center for Literacy Development, the Kentucky Reading Project is a professional development initiative for Kentucky public school elementary teachers designed to improve student achievement and emphasize family engagement in literacy. Teachers participate in professional learning in research-based reading instruction. Participants develop a literacy action plan for their classrooms and receive a stipend at the end of the program.
The location for the summer programs and when they take place are:
- Kentucky State University: June 1-3, 6-10 and 13 -14
- Morehead State University: June 6-10
- Murray State University: June 13-24
- Northern Kentucky University: June 15-26
- University of Kentucky: June 13-24
- University of Louisville: June 6-17
- Eastern Kentucky University: TBD
- Western Kentucky University: June 13-24
Visit the Kentucky Reading Project website at http://kentuckyliteracy.org/elementary/krp for more information and to download the application.